Have you visited Las Vegas?
Las Vegas, Nevada is one of the most famous cities in the world. When you think of Vegas you immediately think of casinos, partying and fun.
Over the years many notable people have been drawn to the magic of Las Vegas.
They have often left a mark on the Entertainment Capital of the World with a short, witty remark or an insightful quote.
Let’s take a look at some of the most memorable and all-time best quotes about Vegas.
1. “Man, I really like Vegas”
There are a number of cities that lay claim to being the city of “the King”, Elvis Presley. Along with Memphis, Mississippi, Las Vegas holds a special place in the heart of Elvis fans and the man himself.
2. “There’s just no quiet in Vegas”
The singer Barry Manilow spent 5 years as the headline entertainer for the Hilton Hotel in Vegas. Over the period he managed a total of 300 shows.
The guy probably knows what he’s talking about when he speaks about Vegas.
3. “I Like Vegas for its Spontaneity”
The legendary actor, Tony Curtis starred in the 70s crime drama “Vegas” as Slick. He played the owner of multiple hotels and casinos along the Las Vegas strip.
Curtis eventually moved to the Vegas with his wife and later passed away in the town that brought spontaneity to mind.
4. “Las Vegas without Wayne Newton is like Disneyland without Mickey Mouse”
He’s known in Vegas as the “Midnight Idol”, Wayne Newton was one of the most celebrated entertainers on the Las Vegas night scene.
This shrewd observation was by the media mogul, Merv Griffin. There are several people who make a place what it is. For Vegas, Wayne Newton is hugely important part of the furniture.
5. “I hadn’t been in Vegas 20 minutes when I got word that the bookmakers were offering three to one that Frank wouldn’t show for my wedding.”
On the back on his hit “Candy Man,” Sammy Davis Jr. became known in Las Vegas as “Mister Show Business”.
Davis highlights the obsession in Vegas with gambling with this funny vegas quote.
6. “Vegas is everything that’s right with America. You can do whatever you want, 24 hours a day. They’ve effectively legalized everything there.”
The actor Drew Carey shows that Vegas really is the all-American city with this quote. Vegas doesn’t care who you are as long as you want to party and you’ve got money. View here for more on legalization in Vegas.
7. “I’ve been able to go on and have a successful career on Broadway and certainly the last five years in Las Vegas have been amazing.”
The teen pop idol of the 1970s, David Cassidy moved to Las Vegas in the 90s. In an interview, he spoke of how much he owes Vegas for his successful career. “Amazing” really sums up the joy of Vegas.
8. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”
This quote by the marketers Jeff Candido and Jason Hoff is undoubtedly the most famous quote about Las Vegas. Even though it’s an ad campaign, it speaks to the promise that your secrets are safe in Vegas.
The quote has since become the world-famous tagline for the tourist industry in Vegas. It’s even spawned a movie starring Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher.
9. “Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.”
The writer Jonathan Clements is famous for the award-winning “How to Think About Money” book. It’s totally true that one of the most challenging things about Vegas is to come away with some money left.
10. “Hatred is not what Las Vegas is about. We will have zero tolerance for anyone who is intolerant.”
Oscar Goodman was the mayor of Las Vegas for over a decade. Goodman became a fearless defender of his town. He advocated the value of tolerance which he believes Vegas has in bucket loads.
11. “The last time I appeared in Las Vegas, they were wearing hoop skirts and Davy Crockett hats, … But they say ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.’ And as far as fashion is concerned, that’s a good thing.”
In a play on the famous ad slogan, the hilarious comedian Joan Rivers commented on the pretty outrageous clothes that one sees around Vegas.
12. “Las Vegas is the boiling pot of entertainment”
Don Rickles is one of the greatest comedians of all-time. He was a regular on the stages of Vegas. If America is a melting pot, Vegas is boiling pot.
13. “Las Vegas is a city built on hopes, dreams, and a little bit of crazy.”
The musician Michael Mcdonald goes through the ingredients that produce the city of Vegas. It’s a spoonful of hopes, a splash of dreams and a pinch of crazy. For many people, Vegas is more than a “little bit” of crazy.
14. “Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks–it says, Goodbye.”
The legendary Frank Sinatra spent many of his years in Vegas performing with the Rat Pack and solo. He believed that the popular saying “money talks” is only true in Vegas. But only it’s not quite what you think.
15. “A savage journey to the heart of the American dream”
The founder of Gonzo Journalism, Hunter S. Thompson is most-known for his cult classic Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. In the search for the American Dream, the characters in the book find that Vegas is at the heart.
Quotes About Vegas
Vegas has inspired many famous American legends and icons through the years. With this top 15 quotes about Vegas, you can get a picture of what the city is actually like.
Do you want to find more quotes? Check out our blog posts on everything from marijuana to math.