“Do or do not, there is no try.”
“Life, uh, finds a way.”
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.”
If you call yourself a nerd, odds are you know exactly where these lines came from.
When people think of “nerd quotes,” they usually think of lines like the ones above.
But, the people who write the lines geeks relish tend to be the biggest geeks of all. And, they usually have a few more profound lines up their sleeves.
So why not get the quotes directly from the nerdy horse’s mouth?
Here are a few of the greatest lines the geekiest minds have ever come up with.
1. Nerd life is so much better than regular life. — John Green
2. Nerds get caught up in minutiae because there is a tremendous and fulfilling sense of control in understanding every single detail of a thing more than any other living creature. — Chris Hardwick
3. I think, that if the world were a bit more like ComicCon, it would be a better place. — Matt Smith
4. Nerd. One whose unbridled passion for something defines who they are as a person, without fear of other people’s judgment. — Zachary Levi
5. A nerd is a person who uses the telephone to talk to other people about telephones. — Douglas Adams
6. Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. — Simon Pegg
7. Sciences provide an understanding of a universal experience, Arts are a universal understanding of a personal experience… they are both a part of us and a manifestation of the same thing… the arts and sciences are avatars of human creativity — Mae C. Jemison
8. You know that passage in the Bible that says, ‘And the meek shall inherit the Earth’? Always wondered if that was mistranslated. Perhaps it actually says, ‘And the geek shall inherit the Earth.’ — Neil deGrasse Tyson
9. I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer — born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow. — Neil Armstrong
10. It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon, there’s a couple lying naked in bed reading Encyclopedia Britannica to each other, and arguing about whether the Andromeda Galaxy is more ‘numinous’ than the Ressurection. Do they know how to have a good time, or don’t they? — Carl Sagan
Nerd Quotes: By Nerds For Nerds
Take pride in your passions. Embrace working on the outside of convention. Dream, dare, and do.
How well you know them could be how to tell if you need glasses or not. Can you recite the movies they came from and aren’t already wearing a pair of taped-up spectacles? Call your optometrist, because the world can never have enough nerds.
As you go on your geeky way, keep these nerd quotes in mind. Use them as a source of power.
And be sure to visit us again for more inspirational and uplifting advice and tips to improve your life. Have a question or comment, be sure to contact us!